Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Defines and implements quality control techniques in order to verify the quality of raw materials, intermediate and end products as well as any other analytical services relevant to our client base and according to regulatory requirements. Manage and control all Quality Control activities in accordance with identified quality assurance standards, company procedures, client specifications, contract requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the work, with other managers of the area, and manage own team to ensure that the deliverables of each project are dealt in the team within the timeframes defined, with the appropriate quality and according to cGMP and that an outstanding service is provided to all customers (internal and external)
- Assure that all TMs of the team have suitable training in order to guarantee the best possible support to the customer (internal and external)
- Ensure an appropriate information flow between the laboratory and the several internal and external customers
- Participate in external and internal audits
- Approve analytical test methods, reports, protocols and other documents related to the laboratory (as applicable)
- Approve raw material, intermediate and finished product batches, stability samples, validations and/or all samples sent for QC to perform analysis
- Approve In Process and COL samples when necessary
- Assure the availability of International standards and Hovione internal working standards with adequate calibrations/qualifications
- Manage International/In-house Primary and Secondary/Clients' standards and reserve/retention samples
- Assure the qualification of the laboratory equipment and validation of analytical methods, approving the protocols and / or respective reports
- Discuss and propose specifications for raw materials, and intermediate and finished products
- Ensure proper management of all defined stability programs in terms of protocol preparation, inventory management, analytical testing execution and data release
- Ensure that corrective and preventative actions are defined and implemented as a result of deviations occurred in the Area, and of internal and external audits
- Keep up to date on new analysis techniques relevant to the laboratory, by means of literature, training, seminars or conferences
- Assure the timely execution of the preventive maintenance program and execution of corrective maintenance.
- Coordinate the TMs assigned to his/her area of responsibility, namely in terms of recruitment, integration, training needs and performance management in accordance with the company's HR policies, in order to ensure all TMs are aligned and motivated towards achieving Hovione's goals, values and culture by promoting their personal and professional development whilst maximizing productivity
- Develop and propose for superior approval the activity plan and related budget for the Area under responsibility in line with the unit's strategy, in order to align activities with area strategic objectives
- Monitor Communication´s budget, by controlling budget evolution, identifying any deviations between the real and the foreseen and taking corrective measures
- Ensure compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others) within his/ her TMs
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Masters’ degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or in similar Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Health Sciences fields
- Technical background preferred
- Typically requires 10 years of relevant experience in an Analytical Chemistry / Quality Control laboratory, preferably in a GMP environment
- Experience in internal and/or external audits
- Proven experience in leading others in project context
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Track record of overachieving targets
- Possess extensive knowledge of Analytical Chemistry / Quality Control principles and practices and is able to effectively share them with others
- Knowledge and experience of GMP and ICH guidelines
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at managing complex processes and tools
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.