Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Responsibility over the development, scale-up, registration / validation of drug substance, particle engineering and drug development programs in compliance with legislation and regulatory standards of Quality, HSE and cGMP policies. Oversees the manufacturing process for clinical or commercial supplies of materials in cooperation with areas and supports safety/hazard analysis and other technical support areas as required. Promotes the scientific excellence and innovation in the area and contributes with technical expertise to expand the Intellectual Property, product and technology portfolios.
- Apply strategic-thinking and forward planning to the area projects and implement the necessary actions to promote faultless execution
- Assure the adequate planning of area activities in line with clients and internal requirements and ensuring the liaison with relevant third parties
- Ensure that all projects are staffed appropriately and that the materials requirements of the area are met to guarantee all area’s responsibilities are met and the group is able to exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure the information flow between all R&D areas and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure scientific development activities occur with the right level of guidance and technical know-how
- Propose new technologies and methodologies and the necessary investments and resources taking in account both specific driven project objectives and the group scientific and technical objectives and support in their implementation
- Review and approve the protocols, reports and documentation prepared in the Area
- Ensure the continuous improvement and subsequent implementation of new methodologies that can efficiently support process development
- Promote scientific activities (i.e. seminars, congress participations, innovation ideas, papers and publications) and innovation within the team and encourage the sharing of knowledge with other teams
- Be part of problem-solving processes as required by the team
- Coordinate the TMs assigned to his/her area of responsibility, namely in terms of recruitment, integration, training needs and performance management in accordance with the company's HR policies, in order to ensure all TMs are aligned and motivated towards achieving Hovione's goals, values and culture by promoting their personal and professional development whilst maximizing productivity.
- Develop and propose for superior approval the activity plan and related budget for the Area under responsibility in line with the unit's strategy, in order to align activities with area strategic objectives
- Monitor area´s budget, by controlling budget evolution, identifying any deviations between the real and the foreseen and taking corrective measures
- Ensure compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others) within his/ her TMs
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Masters’ degree in Chemistry, Engineering (e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, Biological), Materials Sciences, Pharmaceutical Technology, or related field
- Technical background preferred
- Typically requires 10 years of relevant experience in Research & Development and/or Operations in the Pharmaceutical Industry and coordinating a team
- Proven leadership experience
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Track record of overachieving targets
- Possess extensive knowledge of Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Unit Operations, or of Reaction Engineering, Heat Transfer, Scale-up, Process Safety and Industrial Operations, or of drug product unit operations, solids flow phenomena and process equipment principles and practices and is able to effectively share them with others
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at managing complex processes and tools
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.
Software Powered by iCIMS