Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Performs procurement and sourcing functions which may include but are not limited to short and long-term category strategy development, supplier development and innovation enablement, commodity/services/goods procurement, outsourcing and vendor selection as well as project material sourcing/ planning/scheduling. Creates efficient integrated processes among internal functions and outside suppliers providing an efficient and transparent internal customer experience, compliant with quality assurance and sustainability requirements. Focuses resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various processes and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis. Promotes alignment by understanding and communicating business and customers’ needs and requirements through the organization.
- Lead sourcing and procurement activities for specific categories of indirect materials and services to ensure business alignment and guidance, compliance, stakeholder management (internal and external) and optimize categories' spend.
- Develop appropriate purchasing strategies for specific categories of indirect materials and services to ensure continuity of supply, increased productivity, reduced costs, right quality levels and regulatory & legal compliance. Proactively seek and suggest improvement opportunities.
- Develop Supplier’s relationships and trust and ensure the Company’s values are shared and aligned with Supplier’s values to establish long term relationships with key and strategic suppliers who share values and enable the company to outperform competition.
- Provide the organization with important insights on business, market conditions and the competitive landscape aiming at leveraging the global and local markets and differentiated sourcing strategies.
- Develop, right size and maintain a robust and sustainable supply base to achieve the procurement goals in terms of financial performance, supplier quality, supply chain efficiency, security and sustainability whilst establishing solid, sustainable and reliable partnerships according to the supplier segmentation.
- Establish relationships with the sites' key stakeholders to ensure procurement alignment with their objectives. Share and communicate the procurement strategies of the own portfolio of materials/services, gain feedback and obtain their support and resources to achieve both objectives. Interface with the sites' procurement teams and provide the necessary guidance for the local implementation of the category’s strategies.
- Ensured uniform approach to procurement spend in all sites for the respective categories. Enhanced co-operation between category management and local procurement teams leading to optimized performance (financial, compliance and technical). Full alignment in the organization and working towards common goals.
- Negotiate purchasing terms and conditions to assure optimized. financial performance of purchased indirect materials and services and ensured compliance with the company's purchasing policy and working capital objectives.
- Ensure all assigned tasks are properly planned and delivered on time, safely, efficiently, reliably and in a cost-effective manner.
- Propose improvements to the area as appropriate and solve problems
- Make quality and timely decisions within the procurement tasks under her / his responsibility.
- Gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues.
- Execute professional activities in compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others).
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- University degree, preferably a Master’s in Engineering, Life Sciences or Business Management
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience in complex and competitive industries, preferably in large corporations
- Previous experience in Commercial roles (preferred)
- Previous experience in Fine Chemicals or Pharmaceuticals (preferred)
- Have a proven track record of business results
- Strong understanding and knowledge of procurement management
- Excellent negotiator and capable of influencing others
- Able to assess business performance and lead change
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office package
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.
Software Powered by iCIMS