Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Coordinates inbound and outbound logistical operations being accountable for the imports and exports of goods and also information flows supporting these operations. Manages inventory, warehousing operations, regulate warehouse space, including reception, pathway, sampling, dispensing and arrange shipments, and local transportation to ensure an efficient supply of goods. Administers an effective system that meets the organization’s inventory targets through efficient and transparent flow of information and materials, including raw materials, intermediates, finished products and spare parts.
- Oversee warehouse activities and TMs, ensuring all applicable procedures are implemented and making sure the assigned resources are selected, packaged, loaded and/or dispatched safely, timely and efficiency
- Promote productivity and safety in warehouse activities, by planning activities and shifts of operators, anticipating needs and workloads
- Monitor and control warehouse operations according to HSE practices, cGMP, cGDP compliance and quality policy
- Assure visibility of monitoring results for internal stakeholders in a order to contribute for orchestration of the site operations
- Review and control records of resources handled according to established processes
- Be an advocate for safe operating and high-quality performance, alerting ascending colleagues to any potential risks and suggesting process optimizations or improvements
- Ensure that raw materials are tested and dispensed to production according to procedures
- Ensure that inventories are made and recorded according to procedures, guaranteeing the identification of product losses and taking correcting actions
- Guarantee that equipment is inspected and guarantee proper maintenance and replacement
- Collaborate in the investigation of events and propose corrective actions/preventive actions for deviations
- Analyze warehouse data in order to optimize resources and procedures for continuous improvement
- Support in the training of warehouse teams, mainly giving inputs for the elaboration of contents and training goals
- Coordinate the TMs assigned to his/her area of responsibility, namely in terms of recruitment, integration, training needs and performance management in accordance with the company's HR policies, in order to ensure all TMs are aligned and motivated towards achieving Hovione's goals, values and culture by promoting their personal and professional development whilst maximizing productivity.
- Develop and propose for superior approval the activity plan and related budget for the Area under responsibility in line with the unit's strategy, in order to align activities with Supply Chain strategic objectives
- Monitor own budget, by controlling budget evolution, identifying any deviations between the real and the foreseen and taking corrective measures
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Ensure compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others) within his/ her TMs
- Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or related field
- Technical background preferred
- Typically requires 5 years of relevant experience in warehouse management in the manufacturing chemical industry (B2B)
- Experience of working in a fine chemicals or pharmaceutical production environment
- Experience in leading others in project context
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Track record of overachieving targets
- Possess solid knowledge of warehouse management principles and practices
- Knowledge of supply chain processes (logistics, warehouse management and planning)
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or other inventory management systems
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at managing processes and tools
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
- Fluency in English is a requirement
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.