Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Performs maintenance on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to increase reliability, capability and yield. Performs equipment condition analysis (during preventive and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems / failures. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance, service, repair and troubleshoot of all equipment and installations (mechanical / electrical / instrumentation) on site is performed as per Standard Operating Procedures, Maintenance work instructions or engineering best practices
- Participate in risk assessment of work permits and control of their appropriate execution
- Actively participate in the implementation of continuous improvement initiative and lean tools within the area (TOP meetings, TPM, 5S, SMED, 8D)
- Participate in the Quality Assurance and HSE programs, guaranteeing the timely implementation of corrective actions (CAPA)
- Assist in the training of more junior members of the maintenance area in their area of expertise
- Ensure the correct completion of all required documentation, paper or system based, associated with own and area work
- Ensure proper tidiness and cleanliness of the maintained equipment and area as well as of his/her working area
- Ensure that area or his/her assign tolls are kept in good shape in what regards to their functionality and cleanliness
- Collaborate in the analysis / investigation of irregularities or CAPAs pertaining to area
- Ability to choose the appropriate methods or tools
- Ability to provide training and support colleagues
- Follow established procedures and processes, with the ability to interpret instructions, drawings and equipment technical documentation
- Resolve non-complex problems related to discipline, with more complex issues being referred to line manager or technical team member.
- Adapt to changing site priorities Support other team members in prioritizing work
- Provide guidance and support to colleagues informally
- Maintain an open communication with colleagues, identifying and reporting any production, HSE, quality or other issues to management according to the required processes
- Ensure facility activities are carried out in compliance with all GMP, legal and applicable standards in the country of operation, complying with and enforcing all Hovione processes and good practice
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Undertake any additional tasks commensurate with the role as and when required.
- Specific technical course(s)/apprenticeship in the field of expertise (e.g., mechanics, electricians, hydraulics, pneumatics, instrumentations, automation, etc)
- Experience of working in a manufacturing maintenance environment (mandatory), preferably in a highly regulated industry
- Formal knowledge or experience of working with process, systems and tools utilized in a maintenance context (mechanical, electrical and /or instrumentation)
- Working knowledge and proven experience in hazardous area maintenance (highly desirable)
- Understanding of GMP regulations (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of mechanics / Electricity / Instrumentation (as appropriate for the role)
- Numerical capability for simple arithmetic.
- Computer literate (preferably with SAP knowledge)
- Clear and open communication skills (written and verbal)
- Competent (written and verbal);
- intermediate level of English (highly desirable)
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.