Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Delivers excellence in end-to-end process improvement practices, methodologies and behaviors to achieve transversally operational and support services areas’ efficiencies. Demonstrates particular leadership skills to influence the right behaviors and enable alignment of priorities across areas. Supports the continuous improvement cycle aiming at the sustainable increase of unitary output (effective throughput per resource unit used). Responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining the most adequate methodologies and workflows, looking at maximization of workforce efficiency and adoption of the appropriate behaviors to enable engagement; as well as for deriving metrics to measure plant and equipment capacity to support identification of equipment and process flow bottlenecks, contributing to improved layouts whilst assuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Develop and apply knowledge of process optimization and participate in area processes, procedures optimization projects with the guidance of more senior colleagues
- Take part in Continuous Improvement Initiatives, problem solving and risk assessment groups
- Deliver training on concepts as per training plans in place
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are delivered on time, safely, efficiently, reliably and in a cost-effective manner
- Execute professional activities in compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others).
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- University, or equivalent, qualification in a field of Science or Engineering or similar scientific field (mandatory).
- Lean and 6 Sigma training equivalent to Lean Practitioner level and/or Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Requires training and experience in manufacturing principals and process optimization techniques and tools
- Knowledge of Quality, Industrial Safety
- Knowledge and application of statistical tools
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office package
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.