Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Leading the team of Strategic Alliances as line manager reporting to the VP Business Transformation & Licensing
Develop and nurture a network of contacts in order to establish strategic partnerships with Universities, startup companies, business associations, and other relevant market or scientific players in areas defined as strategic for Hovione.
Manage the network in a comprehensive business development database
Identify internal challenges and unmet needs and find new solutions and new partners to solve problems and improve products and/or processes.
Identify, through the network of contacts, external solutions that may resolve internal needs or answer to unmet market needs that may become opportunities for Hovione
Perform preliminary evaluation of the potential partners and/or solutions based on defined processes and criteria.
Attend international meetings and conferences scouting for opportunities and presenting Hovione’s strengths and objectives as a partner
Delivers win-win cost-effective solutions on time and in full through focused project teams speaking in one voice, working in an efficient and collaborative environment, thereby leading to long-term sustainability with satisfied stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, sponsors and team members. Lead partnering project teams, plan, set priorities, monitor and control, and take the decisions that result in delivery as per the agreed scope, budget and timeline. Optimizing partner satisfaction and securing long-term successful partnerships are central to the function.
- Organize the projects and partnerships under responsibility in accordance with the mission and goals of Hovione, giving direction to project managers and supporting the resolution of complex issues, guaranteeing projects are delivered according to the assigned criteria (output, budget and timings)
- Propose new partnering projects and elaborate preliminary budgets, teams, activity plan and deadlines
- Propose and control long-term goals for the partnerships under responsibility, guaranteeing that partnerships follow a path in the appropriate direction
- Apply an evaluation method for the partnerships under responsibility to assess the partnerships’ successfulness and identify areas for improvement, analyzing risks and controlling KPIs
- Act as a facilitator of partnership projects, joining stakeholders and communicating key aspects of the partnerships
- Produce complex partnership status and KPIs reports and present it as requested
- Participate in strategic forums to discuss the future direction of Hovione’s collaborations and projects, contributing with analysis and insights
- Manage the TMs assigned to his/her/its area of responsibility, namely in terms of recruitment, integration, training needs and performance management in accordance with the company's HR policies, in order to ensure all TMs are aligned and motivated towards achieving Hovione's goals, values and culture by promoting their personal and professional development whilst maximizing productivity
- Develop and propose for approval the short and mid-term goals, annual budget and budget plan for the partnerships and projects under responsibility in line with the corporate strategy, in order to align activities with Hovione strategic objectives
- Prepare and propose for superior approval the annual budget of partnerships and projects under responsibility, by defining the allocation of resources necessary for the development of the activity, as well as ensuring the monitoring and control of its evolution, identifying any deviations between the real and the foreseen and taking corrective measures
- Comply with all applicable GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others) within his/her/its TMs
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Master´s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Biochemistry, or related fields
- Typically requires 10 years of relevant experience in the context of R&D, Business Development or Alliance Management and coordinating a team or equivalent experience from a peer level company
- Experience in several of Hovione’s departments is an advantage, otherwise broad functional area experience from a peer level company
- Technical background preferred, either from the Pharmaceutical Industry, or, most preferentially from a CDMO environment
- Proven leadership experience (minimum 10 years) inclusive of Line Manager experience and demonstrated indirect leadership in a matrix environment
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Track record of overachieving targets
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project management principles and practices is beneficial
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) along with good presentation skills especially towards internal stakeholders inclusive of Senior Management of the Company
- Skilled at developing as well as driving processes and tools utilizing prior project management experience and knowledge
- Experience of, and comfort with different cultural environments and styles as benefits a worldwide international manufacturing network as well as client base is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of the value and use of intellectual property
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct his/her/its tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.