Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Delivers win-win cost-effective solutions on time and in full through focused project teams speaking in one voice, working in an efficient and collaborative environment, thereby leading to long-term sustainability with satisfied stakeholders, including customers, suppliers, sponsors and team members. Lead the project teams, plan, set priorities, monitor and control, and take the decisions that result in delivery as per the agreed scope, budget and timeline. Maximizing financial performance and optimizing customer satisfaction are central to the function.
- Manage projects in the allocated area and escalate complex issues to more senior colleagues or managers. It is recognized that the level of support required will increase when projects that are more complex are assigned. Project assignment will always be based on business need, however, preferentially, projects assigned will have a low to medium degree of complexity including:
- a low to medium cumulative sales / project cost value
- a low to medium to high project control level
- up to a medium customer segmentation level
- Proactively manage and take responsibility of the scope, cost, time and quality of each project assigned
- Deliver the project objectives (e.g. results, processes, products) through a structured approach in alignment with industry or Company best practices
- Lead the project team to take decisions or to decide to escalate the decision based on data
- Contribute to the project team composition and selection
- Clarify project team roles and responsibilities
- Communicate proactively and effectively internally and externally
- Build and sustain motivation of the project TMs and positive dynamics within the project team
- Give timely and specific feedback to the project TMs regularly, both positive and constructive
- Keep up to date on the best PM practices, standards and methodology in use within the industry
- Ensure all assigned tasks are properly planned and delivered on time, safely, efficiently, reliably and in a cost-effective manner
- Propose improvements to the area as appropriate and solve problems
- Make quality and timely decisions within the project management tasks under her / his responsibility
- Gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues
- Comply with all applicable GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others)
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice
- Degree in Science or Engineering, or related field, or equivalent job experience
- Project Management qualification or education (desirable)
- Requires previous relevant experience in an operational and / or scientific area within Hovione or the Pharmaceutical Industry (highly desirable)
- Technical background preferred along with prior experience as member of a project team
- Experience of Project Management processes and tools (desirable)
- Possess knowledge of project management practices
- Able to make quality and timely decisions within the project under her / his responsibility
- Able to gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skilled at running work processes and its related tools
- Fluency in English is highly desirable
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.