Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Engages in the implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management and Sustainability programs and procedures to safeguard employees and surrounding communities, developing requirements, supporting implementation through training and communication and monitoring implementation through audit and inspection. Conducts and supports incident investigations and risk assessments. Develops and maintains comprehensive knowledge and familiarity of regulatory and organization requirements and standards and works to ensure these requirements are fully implemented.
- Propose and implement complex and thorough HSE policies, procedures and guidelines in the areas of expertise as requested.
- Create incident reports and perform inspections to ensure conformity in the HSE areas of expertise.
- Lead internal audits in the HSE areas of expertise.
- Lead audits conducted by external parties.
- Propose and implement complex HSE systems and standards to facilitate the capturing and analysis of HSE statistics.
- Conduct complex risk analysis in the HSE area of expertise, proposing mitigation plans in the assigned projects.
- Lead the investigation of incidents/accidents as required.
- Lead regular inspections to the sites under responsibility in the HSE areas of expertise, ensuring conformity with all procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate key HSE projects with operating and other technical units, guaranteeing the execution of the project.
- Contribute to the HSE training strategy and propose training goals and contents.
- Coach senior members of the company in HSE practices and principles.
- Delivery internal training sessions in the HSE areas of expertise to key people in the organization.
- Keep abreast of new legislation and regulations in HSE in the regions and area of expertise under responsibility.
- Demonstrate track record in HSE.
- Solve complex problems with full autonomy.
- Make quality and timely decisions based on multiple sources of data and regarding a wide array of subjects.
- Manage risk and uncertainty; anticipate and address roadblocks in order to prevent deviations to the goals.
- Coach project team members to enhance company effectiveness and promote achievement of high standards within the organization.
- Execute professional activities in compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others).
- To assure and promote compliance on Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability, including the prevention of major accidents hazards, by exercising good governance and through the implementation of policy, procedures and training.
- University, or equivalent, qualification in a HSE discipline, in Industrial Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Safety or similar scientific field (mandatory)
- Professional Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety at work (desired)
- Professional Certificate in Environmental Legislation (desired)
Technical background required
- Typically requires 8-12 years of relevant experience in HSE in a manufacturing environment
- Deep specialized knowledge of HSE principles with the ability to teach others
- Advanced knowledge of compliance needs in HSE and GMP
- Advanced knowledge and broad-based understanding of operations within a chemical / pharmaceutical manufacturing environment allied to a deep understanding of the risks posed by those operations to the safety of personnel and the environment
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to ensure that the requirements necessary for the Control of Major Accident Hazards are being fully implemented
- Strong awareness, knowledge and understanding of the HSE regulatory environment
- Strong understanding of the operating principles and safety features of pharmaceutical processing technologies
- Familiarity with regulatory compliance procedures, publications and an ability to interpret relevant legislation
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office package
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.