Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Performs maintenance on equipment and systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical). Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to increase reliability, capability and yield. Performs equipment condition analysis (during preventive and unscheduled maintenance). Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment problems / failures. Prepares technical reports to document equipment modifications and equipment maintenance procedures.
- Guarantee the execution of the preventive maintenance plan on production equipment
- Troubleshoot problems in the event of equipment malfunctions and be able to recommend solutions for the effective repair of the same
- Establish preventive maintenance plans for new equipment
- Participate, control and correct budget activities
- Optimize external contract costs, including outsourcing activities that could generate high costs of maintenance
- Participate in definition and assure follow-up of key performance indicators (KPI) for production equipment performance, as well as, for outsourcing services
- Optimize spare part inventories, resizing stocks based on breakdowns historical data
- Constantly keep updated equipment spare parts lists, adding whenever necessary new spare parts to the equipment BOM
- Establish action plans to continuously improve maintenance performance based on state-of-the-art solutions to improve equipment reliability
- Guarantee the cleaning and orderliness of areas under his responsibility
- Promote good maintenance practices in the area
- Observe and respect national legislation
- Provide the best technical support to area members
- Coordinate with other areas the fulfilment of plans
- Motivate users for the efficient use of utilities
- Guarantee that cGMP rules and procedures are respected within the area, assure that outsource contractors acknowledge internal procedures
- Ensure that SAP data base is updated with new information when necessary
- Ensure all assigned tasks are planned and delivered on time, safely, efficiently, reliably and in a cost-effective manner
- Propose improvements to the area as appropriate and solve problems
- Make quality and timely decisions within the Maintenance tasks under her / his responsibility
- Gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Execute professional activities in compliance with GMP, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others)
- Undertake any additional tasks commensurate with the role as and when required.
- University, or equivalent, qualification in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Automation)
- Relevant experience in machinery maintenance and in electrical / mechanical fields, preferably within an industry environment
- Training and experience of GMP and HSE practices (mandatory)
- Experience in maintenance technical support
- Experience in trouble shooting equipment failures
- Experience in Maintenance Management Systems such as SAP PM module or similar
- Strong understanding and knowledge of machinery maintenance and electrical / mechanical fields and related legislation
- Competent (written and verbal) English
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office package
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.