Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Performs engineering work in operations, production, construction or maintenance environments. Responsibilities are within the Engineering Family as a generalist or in a combination of disciplines. Understands the roles and workflows of the Engineering and Maintenance functions.
- Supervise the timely execution of maintenance and calibration of all mechanical / electrical / instrumentation systems on site as per Standard Operating Procedures and Engineering work instructions
- Support the selection of outsourced contractors and supervise their work when required, formally receiving the finished works
- Provide support to the Engineering and Maintenance teams to maintain, improve, troubleshoot, calibrate and service a wide range of equipment and utility services
- Evaluate drawings for local engineering projects
- Ensure the fastest response to corrective maintenance, delivering the best technical solution with the least cost
- Encourage periodic meetings with the Operations team to manage the work of the area.
- Ensure proper maintenance and update of all relevant calibration and maintenance records
- Encourage the proposal of ideas that can increase productivity and/or decrease cost, assess and implement as appropriate, and involving other Managers as relevant
- Provide feedback in regards to the maintenance plans proposed, actively participating in the improvements
- Assure the correct implementation of lean tools in the area (TOP 5; TPM; 5S; 8D)
- Ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of the area
- Assist when required in internal and external audits and participate in deviation investigations
- Assists with training of new starts, apprentices or any relevant TM in the team in regards to technical topics and in our systems and procedures
- Supervise the TMs assigned to his/her area of responsibility and distribute work tasks.
- Provide input to ensure HR processes run smoothly, namely in terms of recruitment, integration, training needs and performance management in accordance with the company's HR policies.
- Ensure all TMs are aligned and motivated towards achieving Hovione's goals, values and culture by promoting their personal and professional development whilst maximizing productivity
- Responsible for continuous training in the workplace to team members under his/her responsibility, including training for upward mobility, in order to guarantee the career development objectives, competence, safety, quality and productivity of the area. Ensure area goals are properly cascaded to the team
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- Ensure facility activities are carried out in compliance with all GMP, legal and applicable standards in the country of operation, complying with and enforcing all Hovione processes and good practice
- Undertake any additional tasks commensurate with the role as and when required
- Technical course in Maintenance, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical & Electronic or Instrumentation, or related field.
- Requires previous relevant experience in mechanical /electrical / instrumentation /automation workshop
- Proven experience in training and leading others in the field
- Possess extensive knowledge of Engineering and Maintenance practices, and is able to effectively train others on them
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly skilled at running machinery and its related tools
- Fluency in English is highly desirable
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.