Hovione is an independent family owned international group of companies. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated Contract Development and Manufacturing Company dedicated to helping Pharmaceutical Customers bring new and off-patent drugs to market.
Our people are the main asset for our continued success. Reaching over 1950 team members, from 36 different nationalities, that are located across Asia, Europe and North America (Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, and Switzerland), including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all, our patients. That is why we are In it for life.
Delivers excellence in end-to-end process improvement practices, methodologies and behaviours to achieve transversally operational and support services areas’ efficiencies. Demonstrates particular leadership skills to influence the right behaviours and enable alignment of priorities across areas. Supports the continuous improvement cycle aiming at the sustainable increase of unitary output (effective throughput per resource unit used). Responsible for developing, deploying and maintaining the most adequate methodologies and workflows, looking at maximization of workforce efficiency and adoption of the appropriate behaviours to enable engagement; as well as for deriving metrics to measure plant and equipment capacity to support identification of equipment and process flow bottlenecks, contributing to improved layouts whilst assuring compliance with established guidelines.
- Implement productivity actions and define priorities within own work to achieve the proposed goals (efficiency, efficacy and cost consistency)
- Drive, manage and train the teams that will take part on Continuous Improvement Initiatives, problem solving and risk assessment groups
- Coach operational teams in their daily communication meetings, ensuring that defined methods are properly used in all areas
- Support the development of Operational Excellence Training Program and run training sessions
- Update the productivity indicators of the plant
- Support a Continuous Improvement process in the plant that is visible for all, through indicators, working methods, visual management, etc.
- Ensure the constant reduction of the time and costs required in all activities in Manufacturing
- Ensure that all operational staff are trained according to Operational Excellence training procedures in place
- Ensure all assigned tasks are planned and delivered on time, safely, efficiently, reliably and in a cost-effective manner
- Propose improvements to the area as appropriate and solve problems
- Make quality and timely decisions within the tasks under her / his responsibility
- Gather relevant data to inform the decision makers regarding complex issues
- Execute professional activities in compliance with GMP and HSE guidelines, internal and external requirements as well as promote the implementation and maintenance of Hovione´s policies, systems and procedures (COPs, HBR, SOPs and others)
- Carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and to comply with environmental, health & safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- University, or equivalent, qualification in a field of Science or Engineering or similar scientific field (mandatory).
- Lean and 6 Sigma training equivalent to Lean Leader level and/or Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience in Continuous Improvement
- Initiatives Industry related and preferably in the application of cGMP´s, ICH/CFR guidelines, ISO Norms and Industrial Safety guidelines
- Previous participation in improvement projects Lean tools and techniques (5s, Standardized Work, problem solving, kaizen, process mapping, Poka Yoke, debottlenecking, SMED)
- Strong knowledge of Process Optimization
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Quality, cGMP´s, ICH/CFR guidelines, ISO Norms and Industrial Safety
- Knowledge and application of statistical tools
- Trainer skills
- Fluency in English is a requirement
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office package
- Must have the Knowledge, Experience and Skills to conduct their tasks in accordance with the rules and procedures set down.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or ethnicity.